To date, no existing antivirus is compatible with Amazon Fire Stick. Third-party applications are not perceived by the program in any way, and the usual way you can not install them, for this you need to hack the device. In this article, we will find out if the Amazon Fire Stick needs additional protection, and what steps you need to take to hack it and install antivirus.
Does Fire TV need virus protection?
A few years ago there was a perception that Amazon Fire TV flash drives were in danger and often fell victim to a mining worm called ADB.miner. It was believed that this virus was also dangerous for Android users. And indeed, over time, Fire Stick users encountered problems, but there was nothing they could do about it, as they were not even able to analyze their device with a scanner, detect the virus and destroy it.
But now users have a choice: either they can manually monitor the status of their program, remove viruses, reset the settings, or they can do simple manipulations to allow it to let third-party applications in. But first of all, you need to understand if you need it, so below we will tell you about the signs of virus infection in the program.
Typical symptoms of Fire TV Stick infection
You can immediately notice if there is something wrong with your program because its infection symptoms are the same as any other program on your PC or smartphone. Applications will start to work slower than usual, slow down, not open, or act arbitrarily. Program performance will deteriorate and some files will stop opening. To finally make sure it’s a virus, go to the program settings and make sure it doesn’t have an outdated version of the update. If this is OK, then you need to start taking some action to combat the infection.
How do I install antivirus on Firestick devices?
Not every antivirus will be suitable for this case, so to find out how to install firestick antivirus, we will look at these steps using the free scanning application VirusTotal as an example. First of all, to make this possible you need to change the settings in the settings, for this:
- Connect FireTV via ADB and then activate debugging on the Fire Stick device itself so that running ADB is possible
- Next, you need to connect applications from unknown sources, to do this open the main menu of the program
- Enter the settings and find the tab My Fire TV
- Go to the “Developers” tab
- When the new window opens, find the “Apps from unknown sources” function and activate it
That’s all, now you can go beyond the applications that are on Amazon Appstore and go directly to the installation of the antivirus.
To install VirusTotal on Firestick follow the instructions below:
- Go to the WebSafetyTips FileLinked store
- Enter the special code “1111111111” and click “next”
- Find the tab “Security and Privacy” click on it, there will be a file VirusTotal, select it
- Start the installation by clicking on the “open” button
- After that, go back to your apps in the main menu and click on the “view all” function
- Find VirusTotal in the list of applications and click on the three horizontal lines
- You will be presented with options from which you will need to select “go to the foreground”.
And the installation will be completed.